rocky 4 quotes

 Apollo creed dies in an exhibition match with  drug filled ivan drago. The rock takes on the big russian machine in a fight for his life.This fight goes the full fifteen rounds and finishes in an emotional flood with rocky wishing his son a happy christmas.

 
Duke: [to Rocky] You see? You see? He's not a machine, he's a man, he's a man.
Drago: [to his own trainer] He's not human. He's like a piece of iron.

Ludmilla: You call him a killer. He's a professional fighter, not a killer. We are getting death threats. We are not involved in politics. All I want is for my husband to be safe, and to be treated fairly. You have this belief that you are better than us. You have this belief that this country is so very good and we are so very bad. You have this belief that you are so fair and we are so very cruel.

Nicoli Koloff: It's all lies and false propaganda to support this antagonistic and violent government.
Paulie: Whoa. Violent? Hey, we don't keep our people behind a wall with machine guns.
Nicoli Koloff: Who are you?
Paulie: Who am I? I'm the unsilent majority, bigmouth.


Duke: What's happening out there?
Paulie: He's winning.


[Addressing the Soviet Union]
Rocky: I guess what I'm trying to say is, if I can change, and you can change, everybody can change.

Rocky: [Addressing the Soviet crowd, translated into Russian line by line by announcer]
Rocky: During this fight, I've seen a lot of changing, in the way you feel about me, and in the way I feel about you. In here, there were two guys killing each other, but I guess that's better than twenty million. I guess what I'm trying to say, is that if I can change, and you can change, everybody can change!
Rocky: [loud applause, even by the politburo]


Nicoli Koloff: Whatever he hits, he destroys.

Duke: You're gonna have to go through hell, worse than any nightmare you've ever dreamed. But when it's over, I know you'll be the one standing. You know what you have to do. Do it.


Duke: Hey, Champ.
Rocky: Hey.
Duke: Can I come up?
Rocky: Yeah sure.
Duke: Some weather we're having here huh?
Rocky: Yeah it's pretty rough.
Duke: But it's perfect for what you gotta do it's good. Toughen you up.
Rocky: I guess.
Duke: I know you think you're gonna have to do everything by yourself but you know I'll be with you.
Rocky: Yeah
Duke: Apollo was like my son. I raised him. And when he died a part of me died. But now you're the one. You're the one that's gonna keep his spirit alive. You're the one that's gonna make sure that he didn't die for nothing. Now you're gonna have to go through hell. Worse than any nightmare you ever dreamed. But in the end, I know you'll be the one standing.
Rocky: I'll try.
Duke: You know what you have to do. Do it. Do it.
Rocky: Thanks, Duke.

Drago: To the end.


Drago: You will lose.


Drago: If he dies, he dies.


Drago: I must break you.


[Apollo's funeral]
Rocky: There's a lot I could say about this man, but I don't know if it matters now. I guess what matters is what he stood for, what he lived for, and what he died for. You always did everything the way you wanted it. And I didn't understand that, but now I understand. I'll never forget you, Apollo. You're the best."


Rocky: Going in one more round when you don't think you can - that's what makes all the difference in your life.


Paulie: I know sometimes I act stupid and I say stupid things, but you kept me around and other people would have said "drop that bum". You give me respect. You know it's kinda hard for me to say these kinda things, cuz it ain't my way, but if I could just unzip myself and step out and be someone else, I'd wanna be you. You're all heart, Rock.

Drago: He is not human, he is a piece of iron.


Apollo: Nah, I'm not angry with him. I just wanna show the whole world that RUSSIA doesn't have all the best athletes!
Apollo: Well, I've been with the best, and I've BEAT the best! I've retired more men than Social Security!


Duke: All your strength, all your power, all your love. Everything you've got. Right now!


[Drago has just entered the ring]
Paulie: Uh, Rock, you remember what I said about wantin' to be you?
Rocky: Yeah.
Paulie: Forget it.
[exits the ring]
Rocky: Thanks, Paul.

Duke: He's worried! You cut him! You hurt him! You see? You see? He's not a machine, he's a man!


Drago: [from teaser] My name is Drago. I'm a fighter from the Soviet Union. I fight all my life and I never lose. soon I fight Rocky Balboa, and the world will see his defeat. Soon, the whole world will know my name.


American Commentator #2: They're going to have to stop this fight before somebody gets killed.


Drago: I defeat all man. Soon I defeat real champion.


Nicoli Koloff: I should say to the press, in all fairness, Drago should not even fight this man. Because he is a has-been.


Nicoli Koloff: [at the Creed-Drago press conference] You are not very realistic, are you, Mr. Creed?
Apollo: Now who is this guy? Where did you come from?
Nicoli Koloff: You can box, yes. But you are far too old to think that you can beat Drago.
Apollo: Is that a fact?
Nicoli Koloff: Yes. And it could be a painful one!


Nicoli Koloff: [at the Balboa-Drago press conference] It is a matter of size. Evolution. Isn't it, gentlemen? Drago is the most perfectly trained athlete ever. This other man has not the size, the strength, the *genetics* to win. It is physically impossible for this little man to win. Drago is a look at the future!


Ludmilla: Good Luck. I hope, we can be friends.
Mrs. Creed: I hope so.
Ludmilla: Of course, they're sportsmen, not soldiers.
[Shakes, Mrs. Creed's hand]
Igor Rimsky: Enjoy the fight
[shakes hands with Mrs. Creed]


Nicoli Koloff: We fight in Soviet Union or we fight nowhere. Why don't you ask Drago's wife why she is afraid? Tell them.
Ludmilla: I'm afraid for my husband's life. We have threats of violence everywhere. You call him a killer. He is a professional fighter... not a killer. You have this belief that you are better than us. You have this belief that this country is so very good, and we are so very bad.


Interviewer: [at the Drago-Creed press conference] Rocky, how do you think Apollo should fight Drago?
Rocky: [commenting on Drago's imposing stature] Well, what I think we should do first is get Apollo a ladder.
[everybody chuckles]


Rocky: To beat me, he will have to kill me.


Paulie: [watching as Rocky goes for the knockout] Rocco, knock his head off!


Drago: [after "killing" Apollo in the ring] I can not be defeated. I beat all man. Someday, I will beat a real champion. If he dies, he dies.


Adrian: Rocky?
Rocky: Yeah?
Adrian: You alright?
Rocky: Yeah I'm fine
Adrian: Why'd you do it?
Rocky: I just gotta do what I gotta do.
Adrian: You don't have to do anything
Rocky: No, Adrian, I do and I gotta leave this place too.
Adrian: So where are you going?
Rocky: They said they're gonna let me train in Russia and I just want to be somewhere where I ain't gonna think about nothing except him.
Adrian: Rocky, give it some time. Don't do this a lot of people live with hurt.
Rocky: A lot of people don't have a choice, Adrian, I do.
Adrian: And for that you're willing to lose everything?
Rocky: Adrian this isn't everything. The house, the cars and everything we got. That ain't everything. There's a lot more than this, Adrian.
Adrian: Before there were reasons to fight I could understand but I don't understand this. Even if you win what have you won, Apollo's still gone. Why can't you change your thinking everybody else does?
Rocky: Cause I'm a fighter! That's how I'm made, Adrian. That's what you married. We can't change what we are.
Adrian: [Softly] Yes you can.
Rocky: We can't change anything, Adrian. All we can do is just go with what we are.
Adrian: You can't go with what you are you've read the papers, it's suicide! You've seen him you know how strong he is! YOU CAN'T WIN!
Rocky: Oh, Adrian. Adrian always tells the truth. No maybe I can't win. Maybe the only thing I can do is just take everything he's got. But to beat me he's gonna have to kill me, and to kill me he's gotta have the guts to stand in front of me, and to do that he's gotta be willin to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that. I don't know. I don't know.


Rocky: [to Rocky Jr] Yo, can you turn your robot down, please?