rocky quotes 1976

Mickey: Women weaken legs!


Mickey: You're gonna eat lightnin' and you're gonna crap thunder!


Rocky: Well, ya see, sir I understand you're lookin' for sparrin' partners for Apollo, and I jus' want ta let ya know that I am very available.


Apollo Creed: Stay in school and use your brain. Be a doctor, be a lawyer, carry a leather briefcase. Forget about sports as a profession. Sports make ya grunt and smell. See, be a thinker, not a stinker.


Mickey: Your nose is broken.
Rocky: How does it look?
Mickey: Ah, it's an improvement.


Adrian: Why do you wanna fight?
Rocky: Because I can't sing or dance.


[Adrian is trying to get to Rocky in the ring]
Rocky: Adrian!
Adrian: Rocky!
Rocky: Adrian!
Adrian: Rocky!
Rocky: Adrian.
Adrian: Rocky.


[the 15th and final round of the fight has ended; reporters climb into the ring for interviews]
Fight Announcer: [interviews Rocky] It was chaos. Rocky, you went the distance. You went the 15 rounds. How do you feel?
Rocky: All right!
Fight Announcer: What were you thinking about when that buzzer sounded?
Rocky: [yelling] Adrian!
Fight Announcer: What were you thinking when the 15th...
Rocky: What? Adrian!
Rocky: Rocky? Rocky?
Jergens: [taking the mic] Ladies and Gentlemen, your attention, please.
Adrian: Rocky? Rocky!
Jergens: Tonight, we have had the privilege of witnessing the greatest exhibition of guts and stamina in the history of the ring!
Rocky: Adrian!
Adrian: Rocky. Rocky!
Jergens: [reads the results] Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a split decision.
[Jergens continues; indistinct]
Rocky: ADRIAN!
Adrian: Rocky!
Jergens: ...for Creed!
[audience cheers]


Paulie: [talking about Adrian] You like her?
Rocky: Sure, I like her.
Paulie: What's the attraction?
Rocky: I dunno... she fills gaps.
Paulie: What's 'gaps'?
Rocky: I dunno, she's got gaps, I got gaps, together we fill gaps.
Paulie: Are you ballin' her?
Rocky: Hey!
[punches Paulie in the shoulder]
Rocky: You don't talk dirty about your sister!


[Rocky and Gazzo step out of the car for a talk]
Gazzo: [upset] How come you didn't break this guy's thumb like I told you?
Rocky: Well, how did you know I didn't...
Gazzo: You don't think I hear things? Did I give you a job this morning or didn't I, huh?
Rocky: Yeah.
Gazzo: So why didn't you break his thumb like I told you? When you don't do what I tell you to do, you make me look bad, Rock.
Rocky: [trying to come up with an excuse] I figured... look, I figured if I break the guy's thumb, he gets laid off, right? Then he can't make...
Gazzo: [cuts Rocky off] Yeah, well don't figure! Let me do the figurin', okay, Rock? From here on in, just let me do the figuring, you know? These guys think we're running some kind of charity or something. That they can get off light. From here on in, do what I tell you to do, because it's bad for my reputation! You understand? You got...
[shoves Rocky]
Gazzo: you got it, Rock?
Rocky: [beat] I got it.
Gazzo: Good. Now, tomorrow I want you to collect 400 from Del Rio. He's behind in his payment three weeks and I don't like it. When I tell you to break a guy's nose or thumbs as a "late payment notice", you do it!
Rocky: [to Gazzo as he walks back towards the car] Hey, how do you spell "Del Rio"?
Gazzo: [angrly] Open a dictionary, Rock!
Rocky: What's a dictionary?


Rocky: Adrian!
Fight Announcer: Your fans out there deserve a rematch!
Rocky: It ain't gonna be no rematch! Oh, come on! I had enough things in my face tonight! Adrian!
Fight Announcer: You heard him, Ladies and...